A Cycling club that embraces all types of cyclists and all types of pedal power machines.
Benefits of being a Member.
Being a member of Wincanton Wheelers is to be part of a fun, social cycling club that welcomes everyone regardless of age, ability or the type of bike you ride! The Club is the backbone of the local cycling scene and community, and an invaluable source of knowledge and advice that can help you improve as a bike rider.
Why cycle with the "Wheelers"?
- Meet like-minded riders - all abilities welcome
- Variety of rides - something for everyone. No rider ever left behind on a ride!
- Companionship. Club rides give you the chance to chat and make new friends while you whizz along.
- Time trials and Racing. You might think that these aren't for you. Why not give a TT or a race a go with other members in a "non-competitive" atmosphere.
- Every good club ride includes a café stop! That makes our social club rides a great way to find out who does the best lemon drizzle cake among the cafes within riding range.
- Discounts. As a "Wheeler" you are able to get 10% discount on certain items at Rule #65 Cycle Shop (Visit Rule #65), and 10% discount at Wincanton Tandoori (Visit the Tandoori).
Join Wincanton Wheelers today! (Follow this link for the Membership Form.)
The club has activities that can be enjoyed by junior members, principally our Club Rides and Club Time Trials.
The Club Rides are designed to promote safe riding, enable young riders to ride with their peers as well as older members of the club and enhance their membership of the club.
The Club also has a cyclocross course where junior members can enjoy the challenge of off-road riding within a safe enviroment. The thrilling course includes sharp turns, steep banks, hurdles, tree roots and other obstacles.
We have a Safeguarding policy relating to Junior members (see here) that parents should read before first sending their child along to any club activity. A completed parental consent form (see here) is also needed for U18 riders.
Membership Categories & Costs.
Adult - £20.00
Over 65s and Under 18s - £10.00
Family Membership (2 Adults & all Children under 18 living at the same address) - £40.00
Associate (non-cyclist) - £5.00
Membership fees are payable annually on the 1st of January.